THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Inner Hebrides Trip - Day 11 - Scotland

Blogging at 22:00 on Thursday 23rd May from intended overnighting spot N 56.20147°, W 04.91117° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:56.20147%2C-04.91117

Things to remember:
  • A day of covering ground, but it was as good a day as any to do so: it's been cold, miserable and rained a lot.
  • Detoured quite a bit and found a couple of pleasant enough glens that I'd otherwise just have passed by unnoticed.
  • Fort William and Glencoe areas rammed with tourists. At least a million flimsies and PVCs, plus a couple of overlanding trucks (HX60 and Unimog). Many foreign registrations.
  • Rain turned heavy late afternoon so rather than tediously battle through the filthy spray of oncoming trucks I headed up a random B road, down through a deep valley called Hell's Glen (it is indeed forbidding) and then up a forest track through a long-left-open gate. 
  • There's a promise of good, open views from the clearing I'm in (pic) - and if only the rain would stop, I might even be able to see them.
Sent from my mobile device