THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Northumberland Trip - Day 1


N 54.64298°, W 01.91222°

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:54.64298%2C-01.91222

Super-quiet drive up the A1 and A66, probably the quietest I've ever seen them. Christmas has something going for it, after all.

Stopped for a quick poke around at the ruins of Egglestone Abbey near Barnard Castle, it's an interesting spot and made for a pleasant quarter of an hour.

From there we headed to the coordinates shown, a place on the fringes of Hamsterley Forest (pic) where I've kipped before in the Bongo. There's a cool forest drive and dozens of miles-worth of MTB tracks here, as well as loads of walks. There are more goldcrests here than anywhere else I've known.

It's a good spot and though it's well set up for tourism I've never known it to get thronged. It'd make for great biking / running training ground.

Sent from my Nexus 4