THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Colonsay Trip - Day 1 - Scotland

I'm heading for Colonsay.

I've postponed this trip three times already due to poor weather forecasts and am far from confident there still won't be a drenching or two to be had come next week. Ideally I'd have postponed yet again but - if I had done - the next time I could have done this trip would have been September. Running the gauntlet it is, then.

Things to remember:
  • Crazily hot today. Around 30 degrees according to the news.
  • Uneventful (if hot) drive up to Scotland, with only the occasional numpty and ubiquitous abandoned-by-anybody-actually-working roadworks to break things up a bit.
  • Called in to see Phil and Lynn for an hour or so. Their cottage is looking good.
  • Tonight's intended overnighting spot was a quick find using the tried-and-trusted map features formula (pic).
  • Good vistas from here and some decent wildlife sightings, too. Roe deer, brown hare, siskin and common redstart have been the most rewarding. The roe deer spotted me spotting them and did their barking from cover thing.
  • Hoping to make Troon parkrun tomorrow.
Post composed at 21:30 on Friday 20th June from my intended overnighting spot N 55.40137°, W 04.03454° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:55.40137%2C-04.03454