Blogging at 21:10 on Tuesday 28th May 2019 from N 54.26890°, W 00.59512° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:54.26890%2C-00.59512
We've decided to snatch a few days away, mainly to try to do some biking around the NY Moors national park.
I have fond memories of doing the very same thing in 1991 on my Tom Bromwich MTB. On that occasion my Daimler Double Six Coupe and a tent provided backup. It was definitely a much faster way of being far more uncomfortable.
Today was just about getting here, the weather forecast was poor and, as it turns out, was accurate. In spite of it, we've had a pleasant walk out and enjoyed chilling in the toasty-warm truck at the coordinates shown (pic) against a backdrop of rich and constant birdsong. Notably, I've heard my first willow warblers of the year; I was beginning to wonder if they'd not bothered coming this year. Seriously though, something strange seems afoot, I suspect they've had some catastrophic failure somewhere.
Whilst scanning out with the bins I saw some strange inter-species behaviour: a brown hare faithfully followed a lone female roe deer whilst she grazed back and forth across a distant meadow. The behaviour was consistent and went on for as long as I was watching (20 mins on and off). Who knows what the story was there.
Sent from my Nexus 4
