THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Camargue Trip - Day 1 - England

Emma's stuck at work so I'm heading to France solo for a couple of weeks to try to eke out the last bit of European summer; and to see what I can see during what is undoubtedly a busy time in bird migration season.

Don't worry, entries will be short and sweet: I don't intend to rabbit on like I'm prone to doing on the Trip Truck blog.

Things to remember:
  • Settled if grey weather and a pretty uneventful trip down the A1 culminating in setting up for the evening at the spot I'm now at (picked from map features before setting off).
  • It looks like it might be a good one. It's been really quiet all evening and good for wildlife. The surrounding arable and livestock land supports loads of farmland birds, including good indicators like yellowhammer and grey partridge. I've also seen dozens of brown hares and a handful of fallow deer.
  • Hoping to do a parkrun near Wellingborough in the morning.
Post composed at 20:50 on Friday 10th October from my intended overnighting spot N 52.43870°, W 00.53024° /http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:52.43870%2C-00.53024