THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Loafing - Day 1 - England


N 53.71637°, W 00.55334°


Spent the day with Stu on the estuary around the Brough and Welton area. We've walked miles. It's unfeasibly warm for late October, I was down to my T-shirt most of the day.

Migration is happening. I've seen pink-footed geese, black and bar-tailed godwits and loads of the more usual suspects.

Best sighting of the day has been a female bearded tit in the reed beds just down from the location shown. I'm planning on kipping further down the lane from here tonight - it's pretty much a road to nowhere (apart from a sailing club and a fishery) and seems like a cracking spot.

Just before it dropped dark I watched literally thousands of waders and gulls drop on to a precarious sandbank island mid-Humber, presumably to roost. Top place.

Sent from my Nexus 4