N 55.75295°, W 05.38177°
Wind and rain and a piercing cold have dominated the entire day.
We started positively with the Greenock park run, a really nice and friendly event run along the esplanade.
Emma went well and I did a 5th overall. It rained throughout but the surroundings were all pleasant enough and made for an enjoyable outing. It was good to have the truck on hand for a nice hot shower and coffee.
A few miles away we took a ferry from Gourack to Dunoon and the landscape was instantly transformed. Ancient lichen encrusted trees sitting in the West coast cloud forests made for spectacular views set against craggy ravines, tumbling rivers and sprawling lochs.
About an hour's drive from Dunoon saw us at the second ferry terminal of the day and bound for Kintyre. We were, as a first for both of us, the only vehicle on the ferry.
And so we're on Kintyre. We took in a ruined castle first off at Skipness and then found a seaview overnighting spot just a couple of miles south (coordinates).
I spent a full three hours gazing out to sea and saw, as highlights, black-throated divers and a hen harrier making its way swiftly across the straits to Arran. It threw me at first, I've never seen a harrier over open water before.
The wind is just bonkers, it's genuinely rocking the truck and is deafening. I've never been in such strong wind in a camper before, it's slightly disconcerting. At least we're directly facing it, for now...
Sent from my Nexus 4
