THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Loafing - Day 2 - England


N 53.78429°, W 00.66242°


Woke up to foghorns from ships moving up and down the Humber and when I stuck my head out I saw it was a proper pea-souper that scuppered any chance of seeing birds out on the estuary. I did see a grey seal though loafing about at the end of Stone Creek. Also saw a stack of fieldfares and redwings on the hawthorns near where I kipped, I guess they came in overnight.

From the creek I gingerly made my way through the tiny lanes and fog to Paull where it was brilliant sunshine and about 18 degrees. November.

Saw the usual stuff but noticed no godwits, dunlin or grey plover, I guess these will be in within the next fortnight.

From Paull went to North Cave Wetlands (coordinates) where fog once again dominated. Hundreds of greylags here and a report of a redpoll. I didn't see it but did see a linnet that someone might have ambitiously thought was a redpoll. This place is a bit like that, many people never see common stuff here...

Sent from my Nexus 4