THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Austria Trip - Day 8 - Austria

N 47.45904°, E 12.36049°

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:47.45904%2C12.36049

Good job I moved closer yesterday as a road closure saw me having to do a detour of about 30 miles. As it worked out I got back to Kitzbuhel at just about the right time to sort out registration and then the official briefing.

Checked out what I can in terms of transition and run course so I have a better idea of what awaits.

Kitzbuhel itself is extremely affluent, the picture is of one of the urban centre neighbourhoods, they somehow manage little enclaves of tranquility right in the middle of town.

The venue is very pretty and transition is on a 'floating' rubber mat on top of some wet grassland. The whole area is a nature reserve. I saw what I think was a coypu - like an oversized water vole -  skulking about in a river right close to the mount/dismount area.

Hideously nervous now. I have to rack my bike soon and then find somewhere to sleep within easy walking distance of the venue in the morning. Loads of roads are closed and I need to make sure I can get out of here as soon as I'm done. I need it to be over now.

Sent from my Nexus 4