THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Grafham Aquabike

Out racing again trying to make up for what's been a very sparse year in terms of competing.

I've never been to the immediate Grafham area before but it all seems pleasant and civilised. Thatched roofs and higgledy-piggledy buildings are common.

Not easy to find a suitable spot to kip as almost all tracks and woodlands have very definite Private Property signs and gates / barriers abound.

The spot I've rooted out seems right enough, though (pic). I've had a walk around and seen good numbers of farmland birds, roe deer and rabbits. I imagine there's more to the area but I'd only been here an hour and it was suddenly night! Got to love how this happens in late September.

Post composed at 20:10 on Friday 25th September from my intended overnighting spot N 52.31199°, W 00.36547° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:52.31199%2C-00.36547 

Uploaded Image