THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Camargue Trip - Day 16 - England

Things to remember:
  • Last night's overnighting spot turned out to be as unspectacularly functional as an overnighting spot on an industrial estate in Newhaven could hope to be.
  • Before first light I moved off to find an altogether more rural setting at which to breakfast.
  • By 6.40am I'd done all the breakfasting I needed to do and made my way to the venue of Ukfield parkrun.
  • By 8.50am the race director was explaining the course and described it as the toughest in the south east of England.
  • By 9.22am I was able to declare I was inclined to believed him.
  • It took me the full half-an-hour following 9.22am to de-mud myself and my kit.
  • And so, to today's journey. It was something of a disappointment to be - once again - parachuted back into the overcrowded aggression of the UK's crumbling road network. The roads from Ukfield to the M23 were rammed and ill-maintained. The M23, M25 and M1 were - thereafter - basically a hideous, life-wasting rolling road block. I was also back into a world of inferior and patchy mobile network coverage. It was not a delight to be back on British soil.
  • It should have been by lunchtime - but turned out to be by mid-afternoon - that I was able to catch up with Bri again, this time moored up at Cosgrove.
  • Somewhat de-stressed, and full of Earl Grey and biscuits, I made my way from Cosgrove to my current intended overnighting spot near to the Althorpe Estate in Northamptonshire: a spot I've used before (most recently 13 years ago). It hasn't changed and has been good for game birds, roe deer, raptors and more brown hares than it's been possible to count.
  • That's about it, Tomorrow will just be a basic drive back to relative normality.
  • The L200's performed pretty much flawlessly, apart from the pooling water-on-roof issue. Still contemplating the best fix...
Post composed at 21:30 on Saturday 25th October from my intended overnighting spot N 52.28031°, W 01.04916° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:52.28031%2C-01.04916