Blogging at 21:00 on Thursday 14th November from intended overnighting spot:
N 53.68507°, W 00.14654° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:53.68507%2C-00.14654
Out for a couple of days to make the most of some relatively settled weather before winter takes hold.
Things to remember:
- Spent the morning at North Cave Wetlands. Nothing rare, but did see a few Egyptian geese, a peregrine and one pink-foot amongst greylags.
- From there went to Paull Holme Strays. Haven't been to the hide there in about four years and my return wasn't the best experience! The hide itself is on its very last legs, all the mudflats are now saltmarsh vegetation (so couldn't see much apart from a few knot), and - to cap it all - there were two scuffers complete with trackie bottoms and out-of-control dogs sitting on driftwood right near the hide. WTF? They obviously had nowhere they needed to be and gobbed on at full scuffer volume about absolute shite all the time I was there. I doubt either had cracked a single days work in their entire miserable lives. Quite why they'd chosen to do social-housing stuff at least two miles from anything, I'll never understand.
- Stone Creek was something of an antidote with plenty of bird and shipping action. Also had a couple of good roe deer sightings. Best birds were peregrine and marsh harriers.
- Now winging it somewhat at the intended overnighting coordinates shown. I arrived after dark, and will leave before it's light.
Sent from my mobile device