THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Knoydart Trip - Day 6 - Scotland

Blogging at 21:30 on Saturday 21st September from intended overnighting spot:
N 57.02715°, W 04.48444° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:57.02715%2C-04.48444

Things to remember:
  • Last night's sneaky camp was a real gem. Utterly peaceful with virtually no concern about being joined or discovered.
  • Skinadin parkrun was more or less exactly the same experience as Løvstien, except the aggregate underfoot was even coarser. It was a proper grueller and genuinely worthy of my X-Talons choice.
  • Though it's spectacular - and I made a fist if it - I was glad to clear Skye and its claustrophobia of intensified tourism.
  • Another beautifully sunny and settled day, today; and it's been, for the most part, a spectacular drive east through awesome landscapes.
  • In the Cairngorms National Park now and, by following my nose, chanced upon a road of sorts called General Wade's Military Road. This looks like it's worth a further look...
  • From the spot just off the military road where I'm intending to sleep (pic), I've seen dozens of red deer, crossbills, a merlin and a male hen harrier.
Sent from my mobile device