THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Hauts-de-France Trip - Day 4 - France

Blogging at 20:45 on Saturday 30th December from intended overnighting spot N 50.21163°, E 01.55211° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:50.21163%2C01.55211

Things to remember:
  • Last night's camp was eerily quiet, in spite of being on the outskirts of civilisation.
  • Went for a run this morning around some wetlands I just happened to pass through.
  • Bought pain-au-chocolate, carottes râpées wine... and a squeegee to clean the camper's windows from a Carrefour. I avoided the (very) many isles containing freshly killed things.
  • Headed to a random map point that looked promising for birds (Le Hourdel). Turned out it was an incredibly busy honeypot absolutely rammed with visitors notwithstanding the time of year. I couldn't see that much special about it, maybe there's a significance I missed.
  • Whilst walking around pretty nonplussed I discovered (a little way out Le Hourdel) some gravel pits teeming with birds and it looks like I may have struck lucky to overnight here (pic). Seen dark-bellied Brent geese, a med gull and two black-necked grebes.
Sent from my mobile device