Blogging at 10:30 on Monday 9th October from point of interest N 53.90941°, W 00.38530° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:53.90941%2C-00.38530
I had a run from the coordinates shown up and back down what I now know to be the Beverley and Barmston Drain. It forms one edge of the nature reserve I spent nearly all day in yesterday and was teeming with bird life.
As part of the run I had to negotiate an obviously very angry horse that had been corralled on a bridge between two gates situated immediately either side of the bridge. Whoever the landowner is is a complete arse because the situation made crossing the bridge (on a public bridleway) totally impossible.
I had to work my way along the parapet on the outside of the bridge's railings whilst the horse furiously stamped back and forth. Fortunately, on my return about 25 minutes later the blasted thing had been moved and I was able to cross the bridge without risking a dunking in the drain / kick in the face.
Back to the wildlife / environment, I don't know exactly what the massive Yorkshire Water plant alongside the reserve is doing but just outside its heavily-fenced perimeter is a sluice discharging the blackest water I've ever seen in my life (pic). Maybe it's the blood of the executives.
Sent from my mobile device