Blogging at 21:30 on Saturday 11th June from N 54.28727°, W 00.97499° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:54.28727%2C-00.97499
First call was to St Gregory's Minster (pic), a tiny minster from 1060 with a rare sundial. Sadly I wasn't allowed in as there was a wedding taking place.
After that I headed just north of Kirkbymoorside and stopped off at a couple of spots for short walks with bins.
Within the treeline, there are lots of pretty meadows around, and all were teeming with insects.
Lots of raptors spotted, including red kite.
I had a couple of walks out from where I'm going to kip (coordinates) and spotted an unusual bird of prey swooping through dense woodland. It was very brown and I can only imagine it was a young tawny.
It's a busy area for wildlife, amongst other things I've seen a couple of brown hares - one of which was crackering all on its own - song thrushes are in full voice, tawnies are calling and I've also heard deer barking.
Sent from my Armour X5
