Blogging at 21:30 on Friday 6th September from N 54.99213°, W 02.97826° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:54.99213%2C-02.97826
Not much to report, really; just travelling north to the Dukes Weekender gravel bike race on Sunday. I found the spot I'm in pretty easily and it seems very quiet. Not far away there's a field next to the river Esk that I can't get to, but which is a Mecca for geese and gulls. Most geese I could get the bins on were greylags but there seemed to be some others amongst them. Should have brought the scope.
There's a bright moon up now and I can see the occasional shadowy movement of cows in the adjoining fields. At least I hope they're cows.
I still have a long way to travel tomorrow before I reach the event venue and am feeling a strange mix of flat and anxious, but am mostly just sad.
Sent from my Nexus 4