N 54.37244°, W 01.78778°
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:54.37244%2C-01.78778
Glad I checked out the bike course for tomorrow, it's a real hilly tester with lots of fast descents, sharp corners and poor road surfaces. There are some very long and hard climbs and a couple of proper cliff faces. Joy.
At the location shown now, which is at just about the highest point on the course and is amongst the vast army training grounds that dominate the area. Manoeuvres are ongoing as I type with what I hope are non-live rounds renting the air about half a mile away.
The landscapes here are big and open, indeed I can even see the belching stacks of Middlesbrough in the distance. It's mainly upland heath and it looks well with the gorse in bloom. There are also quite a lot of coniferous plantations about giving a good mix of habitats. I've seen lapwing, curlew, stonechat, skylarks and best of all a woodcock.
Nervous about the race, it's my first tri since last July...
Sent from my Nexus 4
