THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Loafing - Day 2 - England


N 53.66187°, W 01.00675°


It's been a busy old day. Had a wander around the frozen marshes at Stone Creek first thing. Thousands of waders out on the mud flats including a black-tailed godwit.

From there had a very ginger drive over some just-wide-as-the-wheels ice covered roads to Paull Holme Strays where I walked right to the far hide (about 2 miles). It was absolutely bitter cold and I had to jog some of it just to generate body heat. Good for birds through, so the effort was worth it.

I decided to properly visit the Humber Bridge on my way back so had my sarnies in one of the viewpoints at
Hessle. I've kind of taken it for granted a bit but it really is incredibly awesome.
      
From there I had a potter on the back roads stopping to look at gull flocks on fields until I bumbled to Southfield Reservoir. The gull roost here is massive and I also saw a small wader flock just after dark in the fields near the end of the New Junction canal. Guessing they were dunlin but not sure.

Hoping for a firework free night...

Sent from my Nexus 4