N 48.28546°, E 11.19951°
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:48.28546%2C11.19951
I was a bit sad to leave Alsace, every town and village is proper chocolate box stuff. There's a genuinely remarkable civic pride at work: very typical scene in pic.
I'm in a place we've used before near Munich now. Its OK, not the best overnighting spot ever but it suits the purpose.
It's an old and seemingly unused picnic spot off a single track road. The road seems quite popular for local recreation, loads of families on bikes, quite a few people on roller blades, serious cyclists, and motorists. The motorists are often seemingly on a 'run out' and there has been all sorts by, from classic British single cylinder motorbikes up to fully banzai sports cars. The Germans are mad for this kind of stuff - and big moustaches.
Only about 3 hrs away from Kitzbuhel now so will be making my way there tomorrow to try to recce the bike course and maybe get a swim in in the venue lake. I'm due a rinse.
Will probably bale once I've done that as being in the area for 4 days solid prior to the event will just make me nervous.
Sent from my Nexus 4
