THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Knoydart Trip - Day 5 - Skye

Blogging at 21:15 on Friday 20th September from intended overnighting spot:
N 57.19886°, W 05.80577° / http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:57.19886%2C-05.80577

Things to remember:
  • Not much!
  • Really lazy day on Skye with repeated park-ups, tea drinking and nature watching. Only really came here to do the (new-to-Skye) parkrun tomorrow.
  • Another incredibly sunny and settled day surrounded by fantastic landscapes. It was fun to look back over to Knoydart to see the epic bog-trek I endured yesterday from a different perspective.
  • If you don't count hundreds of grey seals, I've not seen much nature-wise, with a possible whimbrel and some redpolls being the most interesting.
  • Took the time to check out an ancient graveyard in the grounds of a ruined church. As well as some truly grand tombs I found three more Commonwealth war graves.
  • I spite of the time of year, the number of VW T5-T6s is astounding. There are still plenty of flimsies and PVCs around, too.
  • To avoid the shitfest of mixing it with the above I've winkled out what will hopefully prove an unmolested spot (pic) by dint of some creative gate opening: and closing behind me...
Sent from my mobile device