N 53.78411°, W 00.66441°
At the coordinates shown right on the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust's North Cave Wetlands reserve. I met the warden not long after arriving and he was fine with me kipping here.
I'm locked in until 6.30am but happy enough with that. At last I shouldn't get hassled by bumpity-bumpities.
Seen some good stuff including hen harrier, pink-footed geese, a bean goose and what I'm fancying was a Caspian gull. Need to do some research on that one but if it's right it's a good sighting.
On a dead end track with a flash to both sides and basically surrounded by bird calls. There was a massive flock of greylags that came in to roost just as it was getting dark and it seems like they are enjoying noisily telling each other what they've been up to today.
Pic is crappy but gives an idea. The water in all the flooded gravel pits is incredibly clear so I'm guessing minerals were extracted until quite recently and there isn't that much silt build-up yet.
Sent from my Nexus 4
.jpg)