THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Loafing - Day 2 - England


N 53.64002°, W 00.11183°


Went back to Blacktoft this morning and saw some good stuff including a flock of about 20 bearded tits. They were really active right in the reed-tops and calling constantly. This was maybe the fourth time I've ever seen them and by far the best sighting I've ever had.

After Blacktoft went to Faxfleet and had more good sightings, best were good numbers of barnacle geese.
From there went to Stone Creek and had a walk downstream. In a woodland about a mile away from the creek I found some creepy fortifications that look like they were probably WW2 defences guarding the Humber (as per coordinates).

The woods have claimed them back and they now look pretty surreal. As they are miles from nowhere I'm guessing they are rarely seen by people. It's maybe only a matter of time before I really do meet my very own Blair Witch.

Sent from my Nexus 4