THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Newbiggin 70.3 Triathlon

N 55.28487°, W 01.58869°

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:55.28487%2C-01.58869

I had a look at the new multi-lap course and half contemplated staying in a very well hidden car park near the sea just on the very outskirts of Newbiggin. It would have been OK but for someone already there in a Swift coachbuilt complete with tiny little tow car, A-frame, and a generator banging away.

Why is it again that councils are putting up height barriers in places like this?

And so I kept on going to Chevington Pools nature reserve. I parked up and had a wander to the main hide and the dunes. Saw plenty of the usual suspects plus a huge mixed gull flock roosting for the night. Amongst the flock were dozens of common gulls, the first I've seen since last winter - the change is upon us.

Whilst walking around I was aware of 4 or 5 cars shuffling around aimlessly and the reality slowly dawned. I've driven back from the nature reserve area to the location shown where I'm hoping to be able to kip without an endless procession of saddos driving by. Might have to bale - again.

Had a wander round at my new location and went all Blair Witch. Found this creepy boulder in an overgrown area of scrubby woodland. At least no one else was here to myther me.

Sent from my Nexus 4