THIS BLOGSITE IS PRIMARILY A LOCATION RECORDER / AIDE-MÉMOIRE FOR SOLO ROAD TRIPS AND DOMESTIC TRUCK TRIPS. IT'S ALSO SOMETIMES USED TO LOG OTHER RANDOM ACTS OF LOAFING AROUND.

NONE OF IT IS MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY INTERESTING.

POSTS APPEAR IN DATE ORDER WITH THE MOST RECENT FIRST, BUT NAVIGATING TO SELECTED TRIPS OR FILTERING BY ACTIVITY IS EASILY ACHIEVED BY FOLLOWING THE RELEVANT LINKS.

Eton Dorney Sprint Triathlon


N 51.63635°, W 00.97536°


On top of the Chilterns about 3/4 of an hour shy of the venue. Stayed here 5 years ago and on that occasion reversed the Dethleffs into a boundary post and cracked the bumper. Guess what I've just done in the Bongo? I'm gutted and mad with myself in equal measures. Idiotic misjudgement on my part, again...

On the upside the wildlife and flora is pretty spectacular. Chalk downland supporting loads of species with the 'feature' bird of red kite. There are loads of them here - even managed to snap one.

As I'm typing some dickheads  have arrived and are doing donuts right near the van. May yet bale...

Sent from my Nexus 4